If your Principal/Deputy Principal has given permission for direct integration, then you will see the option to >Upload School Data in the 3PI menu:
Step 1: Upload School Data
You can proceed with the following steps to import students and teachers through the Direct Integration process
- Select the >Upload School Data option in the menu and select >Sync with DoE
The sync will take a few minutes – you can keep this running in the background. Once the sync has been completed, you can refresh your screen or just select the menu item >3PI again and select >Upload School Data – you will now see date of the last upload will be updated so that it is today’s date. You can now proceed to Step 2 below.
Step 2: Update Teachers
- Select the >Admin tab>3Pi>Update Teachers in the left-hand blue menu.
- The page will have an explanation on what this process does as well as the date of your last sync with the DoE – the process that you just ran in Step 1.
- Select >Update Teachers on the lower right-hand side under the section with the explanation.
- The process –Analysing Teachers Data run will commence and you will see a grey bar running across the top of the page.
- Once this process is completed, you will then see the page to Verify Teachers Data.
- Under Verify Teachers Data you will see three tabs: New; Update and Deactivate.
- New stands for new teachers or staff - select the NEW check box if you want to bulk add the teachers listed here to have an account, otherwise just select the check box beside any specific teacher or staff member you want added.
- Update stands for existing teachers in your account that may need to be updated.
- Deactivate stands for teachers that have left and need to be removed – you can bulk remove all the teachers in this tab by selecting on the check box beside “Deactivate” – OR select the specific teachers to be deactivated by selecting the check box beside their name. This option may be greyed out, in which case you can ignore it
- Located within each NEW, UPDATE and DEACTIVATE tab are numbers which denote the number of records selected and available records to be updated.
- Select each tab New, Update or Deactivate to view the teachers listed and verify that the records are correct.
- After verifying the listed records are correct, check each checkbox next to the New, Update and Deactivate tab headings OR to select only specific teachers by selecting the check box beside their name in each tab.
- Select Apply Changes (If the -Apply Changes icon can’t be selected, just untick and re-tick either the New or the Update checkbox to re-active the -Apply Changes icon)
- The system will now update the teacher records; this may take a few minutes. After the update is complete select >Go to User Administration.
- You are verifying the newly imported teachers listed by doing this step. You can also navigate to this by selecting the >Admin tab>General>User Administration
- The default permission level after import is No Access. You will need to select each teacher and select the appropriate Permission level from the drop-down menu:
- Admin is the highest level of access and gives the user administrative access. This level of access is normally only assigned to just one or two people in the school
- Teacher This gives the user teacher access. However, they still need to be assigned to a class.
- No Access removes all access; the user will not be able to log in at all. Teachers that have left the school should be assigned to the No Access level.
- After selecting the appropriate permission level, select Save.